Monday, December 13, 2010

December 2010 Painting Projects

Well, I think I got a little carried away this month with the posted painting challenges.  I just started painting a few months ago, have limited skill and thought I could do 5 different paintings within the first 2 weeks of December.  Needless to say, most remain unfinished.  I will post what I have done, just so I can keep track of my progress and look back in months or years to come and say "WOW, have I come a long way!!".

Here is my Rookie Challenge submission for the month. 

One of the items I did not complete in time is for Paint and Draw Together.  It is a rose....never have painted a flower before or leaves....tough, very tough to get the greens correct.  Would like to fix the background and make the rose more accurate.  Oh, well, next time.

 I also tried to paint the December Challenge for A Day Not Wasted.  This was a beautiful photograph of Central Park in the Fall.  Need to do a bit with the trees above the bridge and the light posts.  I will keep working on it a little bit.  I have a limited amount of attention span.  Will have to come back to it later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment